Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Agios Pharmaceuticals as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AGIO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $84.8 million.
- AGIO has traded 70,915 shares today.
- AGIO is down 6.7% today.
- AGIO was up 24.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AGIO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AGIO NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AGIO:
Agios Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of therapeutics in the field of cancer metabolism and rare genetic disorders of metabolism in the United States. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Agios Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Agios Pharmaceuticals has been 615,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Agios has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.94 and a short float of 21% with 3.80 days to cover. Shares are down 27.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Agios Pharmaceuticals as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AGIOS PHARMACEUTICALS has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AGIOS PHARMACEUTICALS reported poor results of -$1.59 versus -$1.06 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 56.6% in earnings (-$2.49 versus -$1.59).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 74.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$18.30 million to -$31.90 million.
- The share price of AGIOS PHARMACEUTICALS has not done very well: it is down 16.72% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, AGIOS PHARMACEUTICALS's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 471.61% to $3.98 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AGIOS PHARMACEUTICALS has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.19%.
- You can view the full Agios Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.