Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Agenus as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AGEN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $4.4 million.
- AGEN has traded 120,451 shares today.
- AGEN is trading at 3.32 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- AGEN is trading at a new high 4.29% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AGEN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AGEN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AGEN:
Agenus Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, is developing a portfolio of immuno-oncology candidates, including checkpoint modulators (CPMs), heat shock protein vaccines, and adjuvants. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Agenus a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Agenus has been 491,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Agenus has a market cap of $247.6 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.55 and a short float of 11.1% with 4.97 days to cover. Shares are up 45.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Agenus as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average. The net income has decreased by 10.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$7.32 million to -$8.11 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$8.11 million or 83.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, AGENUS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- AGENUS INC has improved earnings per share by 45.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AGENUS INC reported poor results of -$1.15 versus -$0.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.43 versus -$1.15).
- This stock has increased by 46.81% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in AGEN do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Agenus Ratings Report.