Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
The Drugs industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3% versus the S&P 500, which was up 0.1%. Laggards within the Drugs industry included
), down 1.6%,
), down 2.4%,
), down 3.6%,
), down 1.8% and
), down 1.9%.
TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today:
) is one of the companies that pushed the Drugs industry lower today. Imprimis Pharmaceuticals was down $0.14 (1.8%) to $7.80 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6,163 shares of Imprimis Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $7.63-$8.00 after having opened the day at $7.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.94.
Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. operates as a specialty pharmaceutical company focusing on the commercial development of compounded drug formulations. Imprimis Pharmaceuticals has a market cap of $72.5 million and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 5.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 2 analysts who rate Imprimis Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
TheStreet Ratings rates
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, deteriorating net income and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on IMMY go as follows:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, IMPRIMIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$1.80 million or 57.87% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Pharmaceuticals industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 18.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$2.08 million to -$2.45 million.
- IMPRIMIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC's earnings per share declined by 17.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, IMPRIMIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.88 versus -$2.10 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 22.7% in earnings (-$1.08 versus -$0.88).
- In its most recent trading session, IMMY has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
You can view the full analysis from the report here:
At the close,
) was down $0.10 (2.4%) to $4.06 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,893 shares of Parnell Pharmaceuticals Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $4.02-$4.25 after having opened the day at $4.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $4.16.
Parnell Pharmaceuticals Holdings has a market cap of $56.1 million and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 0.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 4 analysts who rate Parnell Pharmaceuticals Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
) was another company that pushed the Drugs industry lower today. Cellectar Biosciences was down $0.04 (1.6%) to $2.53 on light volume. Throughout the day, 484 shares of Cellectar Biosciences exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 18,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $2.51-$2.53 after having opened the day at $2.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $2.57.
Cellectar Biosciences has a market cap of $19.7 million and is part of the health care sector. Shares are down 16.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there is 1 analyst who rates Cellectar Biosciences a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.