Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
The Drugs industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2% versus the S&P 500, which was up 1.3%. Laggards within the Drugs industry included
), down 5.1%,
), down 2.5%,
), down 6.7%,
), down 2.5% and
), down 3.2%.
TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today:
) is one of the companies that pushed the Drugs industry lower today. Reliv' International was down $0.04 (3.2%) to $1.19 on light volume. Throughout the day, 10,524 shares of Reliv' International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 38,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $1.18-$1.25 after having opened the day at $1.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.23.
Reliv' International, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets nutritional supplements that promote basic nutrition, weight loss, athletic performance, digestive health, women's health, anti-aging, and healthy energy. Reliv' International has a market cap of $15.1 million and is part of the health care sector. Shares are down 56.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
TheStreet Ratings rates
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on RELV go as follows:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 120.15% to $0.20 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, RELIV INTERNATIONAL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.03%.
- Although RELV's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.26 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.79 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The gross profit margin for RELIV INTERNATIONAL INC is currently very high, coming in at 80.96%. Regardless of RELV's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, RELV's net profit margin of -1.99% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- RELV's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 39.75%, which is also worse than the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Personal Products industry and the overall market, RELIV INTERNATIONAL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
You can view the full analysis from the report here:
At the close,
) was down $0.05 (2.5%) to $1.99 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 44,000 shares of Cellectar Biosciences exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 21,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $1.99-$2.10 after having opened the day at $1.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $2.04.
Cellectar Biosciences has a market cap of $5.7 million and is part of the health care sector. Shares are unchanged year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there is 1 analyst who rates Cellectar Biosciences a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
) was another company that pushed the Drugs industry lower today. Aurinia Pharmaceuticals was down $0.18 (5.1%) to $3.34 on light volume. Throughout the day, 200 shares of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $3.29-$3.34 after having opened the day at $3.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.52.
Aurinia Pharmaceuticals has a market cap of $92.2 million and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 6.0% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there is 1 analyst who rates Aurinia Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.