Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
The Consumer Non-Durables industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.8%. Laggards within the Consumer Non-Durables industry included
), down 2.2%,
), down 7.8%,
), down 3.3%,
), down 2.5% and
), down 11.8%.
TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today:
) is one of the companies that pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today. EveryWare Global was down $0.02 (2.5%) to $0.72 on light volume. Throughout the day, 38,532 shares of EveryWare Global exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 86,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $0.69-$0.76 after having opened the day at $0.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $0.74.
EveryWare Global has a market cap of $15.5 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are up 1.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
At the close,
) was down $0.02 (3.3%) to $0.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 149,402 shares of STR Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 104,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $0.58-$0.63 after having opened the day at $0.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $0.60.
STR Holdings, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, and sells encapsulants for solar module manufacturers worldwide. Its encapsulants protect the embedded semiconductor circuits of solar panels. STR Holdings has a market cap of $15.9 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are down 56.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there is 1 analyst who rates STR Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
TheStreet Ratings rates
. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been a generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on STRI go as follows:
- In its most recent trading session, STRI has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. This company's share value has not moved any higher or lower since its value 12 months ago, and we feel the risks associated with investing in this company will outweigh any potential future gains.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, STR HOLDINGS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$5.22 million or 46.95% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 11.95%.
- STRI has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.92, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- STR HOLDINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 14.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, STR HOLDINGS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.44 versus -$5.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.41 versus -$0.44).
You can view the full analysis from the report here:
) was another company that pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today. DS Healthcare Group was down $0.07 (7.8%) to $0.82 on light volume. Throughout the day, 22,475 shares of DS Healthcare Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 37,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $0.76-$0.87 after having opened the day at $0.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $0.89.
DS Healthcare Group has a market cap of $12.9 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are up 20.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.