Happy Saturday Morning, Rewind Friends!
I don't know about you, but I couldn't be happier for our first Spring weekend!
And after the week we just had, we could all afford to take a deep breath and inhale some of that fresh Spring air. Because between pending trade wars, Federal Reserve interest rate increases and the Dow Jones Industrial Average falling almost 6% this week alone, it was enough to take your breath away.
The Dow actually was down a whopping 700 points at one point on Thursday. And while it finished the week down 5.7%, the S&P 500 was down almost 6% and the Nasdaq Composite was down 6.5%, the stock market definitely is not settled - and will probably keep gyrating for a while.
But as always, we've got you covered. We reached out to our pros and asked them for their best investment advice or favorite quotes that will help keep you calm and reassured.
So be sure to pour a cup of coffee -- or a stiff drink -- and check out the link below:
Three Things TheStreet Loved This Week
- Patriarch Partners Founder Lynn Tilton: This Is My StoryA must-listen podcast with Lynn Tilton and our Brian Sozzi. Tilton talks about her career, the road ahead for women in business and she gets real about her personal journey from nationally-ranked high school tennis player to working for Morgan Stanley (MS) - Get Report and Goldman Sachs (GS) - Get Report to buying and fixing distressed companies to actually fighting off the SEC.
- If you don't have time for the Full interview above, listen to the excerpt below when the Patriarch Partners Founder told us "I Bought a Tesla and Took it Apart Piece by Piece"
- Real Money's 'Sweet 16' Stock PicksJust in time for March Madness. TheStreet's sister site Real Money released its 16 stock picks for the month of March. The picks include some long-term plays, such as Netflix nflx,but also dark-horse candidates like Vera Bradley (VRA) - Get Report , which has both an immaculate balance sheet and a decent brand name recognition, according to Real Money columnist Jonathan Heller.
- Dropbox is now a public company more than 11 years after being founded by Drew Houston. TheStreet talks with Dropbox COO Dennis Woodside about the company's prospects.
- AAP FYI, Sign up ASAP Jim Cramer will host his next members-only conference call for Action Alerts PLUS, his VIP club for investors, this coming Monday at 11:30 a.m.ET. Club members can listen in as Jim gives his latest take on the markets, the stocks he likes and the moves he expects to make over the coming month. He also answers questions from club members. Click here for more information.
So, let's recap the week, shall we?
Monday: Technology stocks were slammed, following worries over Facebook's
(FB) - Get Report data security. Facebook shares ended Monday's session down 6.7%. Since 26% of the S&P 500 accounts for technology stocks, the broad index declined 1.4% that day alone.
- Video: Here Is How the S&P 500 Gets to 3,000 in 12 Months
- CHARTS: How AT&T and Time Warner Shares Performed Amid Deal Uncertainty
Facebook, need I say more?
- Video:Why Facebook's Data Woes Are More of PR Issue Than a Fundamental Problem
- Should Facebook Get Rid of Mark Zuckerberg Now? Good Luck With That
Investors got a brief reprieve from talking data breaches to talk interest rates.
- Top Economist: Federal Reserve Is Stuck Between a Steel Mill and a Hard Place
- Expect A Hawkish Federal Reserve, So Bad News For Gold? - CME Group Exec
- WATCH Jim Cramer on Sharp Market Decline, China Tariffs and Facebook
Market Meltdown! Ok, we've had enough of that. Instead, watch these must-see conversations at the FT Future of News event.
- WATCH: Jim Cramer and Billionaire Ken Fisher on How #FakeNews Impacts Markets
- WATCH: Steve Bannon Reacts to President Trump's Tariffs
TheStreet keeps you calm with expert advice, plus videos to take your mind off of things!
- 60 Seconds: How to Survive a Market Meltdown
- 60 Seconds: Own Dividend Stocks And Get Paid While The Market Tanks (Video)
- You Want a Gold Rally? You're Going to Get It
- Patriarch Partners Founder : "I Bought a Tesla and Took it Apart Piece by Piece"
- And of course, Dumbest Things: Our Kinsey Grant tells us 'It's Dumb to Think Mark Zuckerberg Isn't Facebook's Biggest Risk Right Now"
And Finally, Bourbon. You're Welcome.
WATCH BELOW One of the First Female Execs in Bourbon Teaches Us How to Enjoy a Good Glass
And hey, I'd love to hear from you. Tell me what type of videos you'd like to see from TheStreet and be sure to share your story ideas! Just email me at Julie.Iannuzzi@TheStreet.com or follow me @ JulesVideo on Twitter.
Until next weekend!
Julie Bennett Iannuzzi