For those scoffing at the idea, Cramer has a simple word of advice. "Do not be a snob," Cramer said.
Equating his subreddit reading to reading the Wall Street Journal, Cramer said those posting in the thread are moving stocks and when you pass judgement on them, you're making a decision to not look at potential market movers.
"It’s called homework and I’ve added wallstreetbets to my homework," Cramer added.
Based on the encouraging findings, the agency intends to grant emergency authorization for use of the vaccine on Friday, The New York Times reported, citing people familiar with the FDA's plans.
The FDA, in a statement Tuesday, said it "considers that the totality of available data are sufficient to support an evaluation of this product for EUA."
However, this news did come as the United States reported 300,000 deaths from COVID-19.
"It's a footrace against the actual illness," Cramer said, referring to the vaccine rollout.
Curious about what Jim Cramer and his team at Action Alerts PLUS are watching in the markets? Watch Cramer's exclusive members-only Daily Rundown show on Action Alerts PLUS following TheStreet Live.
Daniel Kuhn contributed reporting to this article.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Streaming Isn't Enough to Make Jim Cramer Buy AT&T Stock
- What Stimulus Checks Do and Don’t Mean For Your Taxes
- Time Is Right for Airbnb, DoorDash IPOs, Asset Manager Says
- Drivers of Disruption and Innovation in the PPE Space
- Why Jim Cramer Is Confident on a Vaccine Rollout
- Jim Cramer: How to Balance Stay-At-Home and Return to Normal Plays