Tuesday and yesterday, Jim Cramer responded to a new batch of questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community.
Anybody can ask, respond or comment at Stockpickr Answers; the top responders get ranked in our "Top Analysts" section.
Here are a few of the questions to which Cramer recently responded:
- What is going on with Goldman Sachs (GS) - Get Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (The) Report? Doesn't anyone remember that it reported blowout third-quarter earnings mainly because it was on the right side of the subprime-mortgage trade? With shares down 10 points Friday and another 10 points Monday,
is this a buying opportunity?
- NYSE Euronext (NYX) : Goldman just raised price target to $105 and maintained next year's earnings outlook butlowered earnings for '07 by a penny because of lower first-month volumes in the fourth quarter.
Lower volumes -- does that make sense to you?
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY) - Get Royal Bank Of Canada Report is trading near its 52-week high.
Weak dollar play? What do you all see for its near-term future?
- I know you're skeptical of exchange-traded funds because they are first and foremost products that somebody istrying to sell, but on occasion you've recommended one or two. I would like to know about iShares S&P Latin America 40 Index (ILF) - Get iShares Latin America 40 ETF Report and Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX) - Get VanEck Gold Miners ETF Report.
Assuming one is otherwise diversified, your thoughts?
- I'm 19 years old and have been investing my own and a friend's money for a while now. I have had offers from others to invest their money and will probably take them on in the near future. While I would love to run a fund, Ithink my true passion like yours is to write. I'm in the process of starting a Web site and am hopingto get that up and running soon.
You have done it all, is there anything else you think I can/should do to help me become as successful as possible in both fields (writing and money management)?
For an archive of Jim Cramer's Stockpickr answers, go to www.stockpickr.com/answers/ and type "Jim Cramer" under "search for questions." Select "Username - Answered" from the dropdown menu at right, and click "search." The most recent questions will appear first.
(Editor's note: Cramer owns Goldman Sachs and NYSE Euronext for his Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust.)
Stockpickr is a wholly owned subsidiary of TheStreet.com.