Wednesday and yesterday, Jim Cramer responded to a new batch of questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community.
Anybody can ask, respond or comment at Stockpickr Answers; the top responders get ranked in our "Top Analysts" section.
Here are a few of the questions to which Cramer recently responded:
- Do you still considerGoogle (GOOG) - Get Report and Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) - Get Report cheap after they ran yesterday? What about Amazon (AMZN) - Get Report and Research In Motion (RIMM) ?
- I got caught in Schlumberger (SLB) - Get Report January 110 calls. My trading plan was to stay long based on good earnings, a low U.S. dollar, the most recent drawdown and geopolitics keeping oil elevated. Any strategy advice?
- I bought a little AIG (AIG) - Get Report on Friday since I think the company should have a robust quarter -- no hurricanes, sky-highpremiums, and the stock fell with the market. It could be a defensive play to this volatility. Doyou agree?
- I'm looking into housing stocks -- Toll Brothers (TOL) - Get Report and KB Home (KBH) - Get Report in particular. Toll is more the higher-end homes,which I believe gives better support as their buyers have greater assets. On the other hand, KB Home has a strong balance sheet (not that Toll's is weak). I am considering splitting my full position between the two.What are your thoughts?
- OceanFreight (OCNF) :
Is it a buy before the earnings report?
- When can we expect your new book?
For an archive of Jim Cramer's Stockpickr answers, go to www.stockpickr.com/answers/ and type "Jim Cramer" under "search for questions." Select "Username - Answered" from the dropdown menu at right, and click "search." The most recent questions will appear first.
(Editor's note: Cramer owns AIG for his Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust.)
Stockpickr is a wholly owned subsidiary of TheStreet.com.