Monday and over the weekend, Jim Cramer responded to a new batch of questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community.
Anybody can ask, respond or comment at Stockpickr Answers; the top responders get ranked in our "Top Analysts" section.
Here are a few of the questions to which Cramer recently responded:
- Just wanted to ask your opinion on National Oilwell Varco (NOV) - Get National Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NOV) Report, compared to Transocean (RIG) - Get Transocean Ltd. Report. I own 100 shares of NOV at $71.23,
would you hold the NOV or split the position with RIG?
- What is your opinion of the oil services sector? I know you have been very bullish, but at the end of this last week there was a huge pullback.
Has your position changed?
- What are your thoughts on investing in wind power companies for a clean energy play? Could they be the next solar power plays? Any thoughts on Composite Tech (CPTC) ?
- About a month ago you featured Grant Prideco( GRP) on your show and you strongly endorsed buying it. Since then the stock has come down a bit and oil has gone up, which would seem to make it an even better buy. But on your show you sort of downplayed GRP, saying there are better names out there.
What has happened to cause your loss of conviction?
- Do you still feel that metals/mining are a good bet at this point in the cycle?
Sterlite Industries India (SLT) - Get Salt TruBeta High Exposure ETF Report, is mining copper, aluminum and zinc in India and Australia. This new IPO's price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio seems low.
- I enjoyed watching you, along with Maria Bartiromo and Erin Burnett, on Tim Russert's show this weekend. You mentioned that the U.S. needs to take action to work towards a "fair trade" relationship with China. You also mentioned that Secretary Henry Paulson and others have been unsuccessful in achieving much progress on this front.
What specific actions can the U.S. take, and what tools can it use to help affect a "fair trade" relationship with China?
For an archive of Jim Cramer's Stockpickr answers, go to www.stockpickr.com/answers/ and type "Jim Cramer" under "search for questions." Select "Username - Answered" from the dropdown menu at right, and click "search." The most recent questions will appear first.
(Editor's note: Cramer owns Transocean for his Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust.)
Stockpickr is a wholly owned subsidiary of TheStreet.com.