Thursday and yesterday, Jim Cramer responded to a new batch of questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community.
Anybody can ask, respond or comment at Stockpickr Answers; the top responders get ranked in our "Top Analysts" section.
Here are a few of the questions to which Cramer recently responded:
- Syntax-Brillian( BRLC) is blowing up.
Is this good forCorning (GLW) - Get Report?
- If the Fed cuts by 50 basis points, the market will fly, and they don't want that. If it cuts by 25 bp, the market will collapse and they might not want that either.
So can the Fed cut by 37.5 bp?
- I bought First Solar (FSLR) - Get Report on your "Stop Trading!" recommendation and down 6% in one day.
Do I read this as horrific that it went down on your and Goldman's recommendation? Or do I hold?
- When Sears (SHLD) came out with earnings, it said it had strong sales in its electronics department.
So would you buyBest Buy (BBY) - Get Report ahead of earnings next week?
- Nestle (NSRGY) - Get Report:
Is it a good play on CEEMEA (Central Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa)?
- I see many estimates for how many total loans fall into the subprime category, but I haven't seen any numbers yet on what percentage of total loans (both prime and subprime) this constitutes. It would seem to be prudent to know this to gauge just how big the subprime issue really is.
What are your estimates? What percent of all loans qualify as subprime?
For an archive of Jim Cramer's Stockpickr answers, go to www.stockpickr.com/answers/ and type "Jim Cramer" under "search for questions." Select "Username - Answered" from the dropdown menu at right, and click "search." The most recent questions will appear first.
(Editor's note: Cramer owns Corning, Goldman Sachs and Sears for his Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust.)
Stockpickr is a wholly owned subsidiary of TheStreet.com.