Friday and yesterday, Jim Cramer responded to a new batch of questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community.
Anybody can ask, respond or comment at Stockpickr Answers; the top responders get ranked in our "Top Analysts" section.
Here are a few of the questions to which Cramer recently responded:
- What's up with commodities gold and silver up?
- Lehman Brothers( LEH) and JPMorgan (JPM) look like great buys here and they seem to have good support levels.
What do you guys think about the financial stocks?
- I'd like to sell GlobalSantaFe (GSF) or Johnson Controls (JCI) and add to my positions in Sears Holdings (SHLD) and Yamana Gold (AUY) because I can't stand not buying them at these prices.
What do you think?
- Im a Canadian investor, who's invested in the U.S. market. Seeing as the Federal Reserve will most likely cut interest rates, should I cash out of my U.S. funds and get back into Canadian funds?I'm thinking if the Fed cuts, the U.S. dollar will plummet even further. Is this is big deal?
Could the U.S. dollar drop that much where I should worry?
- I've been doing some research on Diamond Offshore (DO) and both he company and the sector look great. Here's my question: When valuing the stock, both Zacks and the S&P Stock Report use a multiple of 8 to come up with a target price. The stock is currently trading at about 16 times earnings and the rest of the sector is around 12-16 times.
If the company is growing so fast, why do they think the stock should only justify a multiple of half of its current valuation?
For an archive of Jim Cramer's Stockpickr answers, go to www.stockpickr.com/answers/ and type "Jim Cramer" under "search for questions." Select "Username - Answered" from the dropdown menu at right, and click "search." The most recent questions will appear first.
(Editor's note: Cramer owns Goldman Sachs and Sears for his Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust.)
Stockpickr is a wholly owned subsidiary of TheStreet.com.