Wednesday and yesterday, Jim Cramer responded to a new batch of questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community.
Anybody can ask, respond or comment at Stockpickr Answers; the top responders get ranked in our "Top Analysts" section.
Here are a few of the questions to which Cramer recently responded:
- If we're really headed into a recession, what's the best recession-proof stock to own?McDonald's (MCD) - Get McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Report or Pepsi (PEP) - Get PepsiCo, Inc. Report?
- What do you think about the possibility of multiple expansion with the big cyclicals such as Deere (DE) - Get Deere & Company Report, Caterpillar (CAT) - Get Caterpillar Inc. Report and Terex (TEX) - Get Terex Corporation Report.
Is it correct to say that if the Fed does cut, these stocks will get a huge boost?
- Glad to see that you stuck to your guns in your segment with Joe Theismann on Friday's "Mad Money" about the weather and some of the other issues associated with Six Flags (SIX) - Get Six Flags Entertainment Corporation Report. In that same show you gave a short-term target for Goldman Sachs (GS) - Get Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (GS) Report.
Is it a good idea to buy half a position purchased before the company announces its third-quarter results and the other half after the report?
- Do you look at the technical analysis aspect of a stock?
- In his book Mad Money: Watch TV, Get Rich, in the stock worksheet, Cramer says that you have to determine if a company's earnings are high or low quality.
Can anyone explain that a little further?
- I enjoyed your RealMoney.com article "Amazing Thing About August" on Monday.
Here are my questions:
- What source do you have in order to know redemptions are coming the first week of September? Experience, tradition, just the way they work, a matter of when one fund starts selling they all have to do it too, or something else?
- Also, is there an exact date or is it a time frame when they may begin? I would like to prepare myself by adjusting/protecting my portfolio.
- What is it about August/September every year? Low volume, redemptions, etc.?
For an archive of Jim Cramer's Stockpickr answers, go to www.stockpickr.com/answers/ and type "Jim Cramer" under "search for questions." Select "Username - Answered" from the dropdown menu at right, and click "search." The most recent questions will appear first.
(Editor's note: Cramer owns Altria, Caterpillar, Goldman Sachs and McDonald's for his Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust.)
Stockpickr is a wholly owned subsidiary of TheStreet.com.