early Friday and yesterday, Jim Cramer responded to a new batch of questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community.
Anybody can ask, respond or comment at Stockpickr Answers; the top responders get ranked in our "Top Analysts" section.
Here are a few of the questions to which Cramer recently responded:
- Is now the best time to jump onto Research In Motion (RIMM) ? I've been waiting to buy this stock, but it was too high till the stock split. Do you think RIMM will continue to grow at this rate in the near future?
- I'm a young investor with $1,000 to invest -- any suggestions on stocks at $10 and below?
- I believe the rails are down unfairly and view today's action as a good entry point for CSX (CSX) - Get CSX Corporation Report and Union Pacific (UNP) - Get Union Pacific Corporation Report.
What's your take on the rails right here?
- I am in the house of pain with Monster.com (MNST) - Get Monster Beverage Corporation (MNST) Report. I just read that the CFO is leaving. Should I bail on strength, or is MNST still a good bet?
- I'm trying to follow your guidelines for spotting a market bottom in this volatile market. From your teachings, there are four signs that a market has bottomed:
1. VIX reaches 50.
2. The market makes the cover of The New York Times and othernational newspapers.
3. There are mutual fund outflows for two months.
4. Investor's intelligence is 50% bearish.We hit No. 2, but the other indicators have not turned positive. Is this market downturn not long enough for these indicators to work? Are there other indicators that you use to indicate a bottom?
For an archive of Jim Cramer's Stockpickr answers, go to www.stockpickr.com/answers/ and type "Jim Cramer" under "search for questions." Select "Username - Answered" from the dropdown menu at right, and click "search." The most recent questions will appear first.
(Editor's note: Cramer owns UNP for his Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust.)
Stockpickr is a wholly owned subsidiary of TheStreet.com.