On Stockpickr Answers Monday and over the weekend, Jim Cramer responded to a new batch of questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community.
Anybody can ask, respond or comment at Stockpickr Answers; the top responders get ranked in our "Top Analysts" section.
Here are a few of the questions to which Cramer recently responded:
- I bought Crocs (CROX) - Get Report on your recommendation at $50 before the stock split. A couple of months later you mentioned on a video that you must be satisfied with a 50% gain. I failed to heed your advise (which by the way, usually hurts) but am not regretting it this time. My question is,
why do you take any off if you believe the stock will run higher?
- I know you like Cisco (CSCO) - Get Report here. My question, however, is, if you were back at your hedge fund and you saw Cisco announce an additional 5 billion-share repurchase just prior to reporting numbers,
wouldn't that just eliminate most of your doubt about the quarter?
- I acted like a fool -- I went against your advice and held on to Jamba Juice (JMBA) - Get Report when you said to sell and buy Coca-Cola (KO) - Get Report. I am now down big! Do I hold on or sell?
- Care for a quick, "Am I Diversified?" I own:
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
Brookfield Asset Management
Apple and Intuitive Surgical have been long-term holdings, so the portfolio has held up well with the recent drawdown. But I skimmed a little off my Apple and picked up Goldman and Brookfield at nice discounts.
I know I'm missing some infra and oil, but your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
- I know you really can't recommend shorting, but I was just wondering: If you were back in your hedge funds days, would you be shorting or buying puts on all these financials and homebuilders?I have bought puts on any strength and am doing quite well with them. Just wondering if it's smart to still be buying puts and riding out the downward spiral at this point or have we seen close to a bottom?
- I got out my old notes from March when I first started watching your show and got into the market. I just gotta say thanks for the MedcoHealth Solutions (MHS) call back then. Is this an $80 stock going to $120?
- Where is the money going? Yields are up, so bonds are selling.
Could all that "money on the sidelines" be coming in sell side?
- Many of the infrastructure stocks have had a nice pullback lately -- Foster Wheeler (FWLT) , McDermott International (MDR) - Get Report and Shaw Group( SGR). Given that this group is in the bull market,
is this selloff caused by the overall market drop or are the panic investors moving their money?
- What is your take on Simon Property Group (SPG) - Get Report? It just announced a big share buyback.
Is now the time to buy?
- Are the rails still considered cyclical stocks?
Warren Buffett said he needed to rethink how he thought of them and I know you like Union Pacific (UNP) - Get Report. I got into Burlington Northern( BNI) and Norfolk Southern (NSC) - Get Report a bit late in the game. But they all seem to be getting hit in this market.
For an archive of Jim Cramer's Stockpickr answers, go to www.stockpickr.com/answers/ and type "Jim Cramer" under "search for questions." Select "Username - Answered" from the dropdown menu at right, and click "search." The most recent questions will appear first.
(Editor's note: Cramer owns Goldman Sachs and Union Pacific for his Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust.)
Stockpickr is a wholly owned subsidiary of TheStreet.com.