Wednesday and yesterday, Jim Cramer responded to a new batch of questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community.
Anybody can ask, respond or comment at Stockpickr Answers; the top responders get ranked in our "Top Analysts" section.
Here are a few of the questions to which Cramer recently responded:
- Should we start to look at overseas financials while all the U.S. banks and brokers get knocked down?
Do you see the ADRs trading down as well? Or should we play the financial sector with non-brokerage money managers like Franklin Resources (BEN) - Get Report or T. Rowe Price (TROW) - Get Report?
- Corning (GLW) - Get Report can't seem to get a break. It continues to have good news out, and in fact today they had some really good news regarding some new innovations, yet the stock seems stuck in a channel.
Can you shed some light on this? I see great potential here, but if I am the only one, it's pointless.
- GlobalSantaFe (GSF) :
Are they freezing the sale of GSF shares? Do I sell GSF immediately, or do I have to hold it to get the deal?
Is GSF just going to disappear for trading? Are they issuing me Transocean (RIG) - Get Report shares?
- With Halliburton's (HAL) - Get Report earnings now in,
when can we expect the stock to start catching up to its peers? Any projections?
If it doesn't start moving soon would it be a candidate for being taken private by year's end?
- When is Sears (SHLD) going to be buyable? All of retail seems to go down every day. Kohl's (KSS) - Get Report and JC Penney (JCP) - Get Report are not looking very good, but there has to be a bottom sometime in sight.
- Goldman Sachs (GS) - Get Report:
How is its P/E so low? Is it only because financials are out of favor right now? Do you think there is any substance to the rumors of Goldman going private?
- How do hedge funds unwind their positions when they are caught short on a stock like Crocs (CROX) - Get Report or Under Armour (UA) - Get Report? And how can they hang on when the price goes up?
Strong stomach linings or do they have call options on their positions?
- Downey Financial (DSL) - Get Report:
Where do I add to DSL for a long-term trade? In six months, I can't see this stock below $60.
(Editor's note: Cramer owns Citigroup, Corning, Goldman Sachs, Sears and Transocean for his Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust.)
Stockpickr is a wholly owned subsidiary of TheStreet.com.