Thursday and late yesterday, Jim Cramer responded to a new batch of questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community.
Anybody can ask, respond or comment at Stockpickr Answers; the top responders get ranked in our "Top Analysts" section.
Here are a few of the questions to which Cramer has recently responded:
- CNBC is reporting that Citigroup (C) - Get Report will be listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
When a company lists existing stock on a new exchange, how does that affect its stock traded on the NYSE?
- What's your opinion on Newmont Mining (NEM) - Get Report? Do you like Yamana Gold (AUY) - Get Report better? Why?
If anybody else has a take on Newmont, I would like to hear it.
- I know that China is not one of your favorite places to invest in, but I was wondering if you see some pin action off the health-care industry, growing population, etc. with Chindex International (CHDX) . It's building hospitals in the largest populated country in the world.
- Are there any negatives on the deepwater drillers?
I guess I'm thinking a bit longer term. I just can't seem to talk myself out of buying GlobalSantaFe (GSF) and Transocean (RIG) - Get Report for the long haul. Talk me out of doing this if you can.
- I know you love Goldman Sachs (GS) - Get Report. In addition to the subprime lending, there have been quite a few articles lately about the difficulty of financing LBOs, a push back by the bond holders, etc.
Is this a big part of Goldman's income? Are you concerned about this issue?
- Any thoughts on what to do with Alcoa (AA) - Get Report?
If Alcan (AL) - Get Report gets bought out, would that not make Alcoa a more likely takeover target?
- I am jonesing for some Yahoo! (YHOO) . It's got low, if any, expectations and is so beaten down, and yet it's Yahoo!. Plus, it's my homepage, and I have always liked second best.
- Do you sometimes pick a stock way too early?
I have noticed this on several stocks that you have suggested. Sometimes as much as up to a year later the stock does what you thought it was going to do. Examples to consider would be Foster Wheeler (FWLT) and ABB (ABB) - Get Report.
Is this the case with NYSE Euronext (NYX) or North American Palladium (PAL) ?
(Editor's note: Cramer owns Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, NYSE Euronext, Transocean and Yahoo! for his Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust.)
Stockpickr is a wholly owned subsidiary of TheStreet.com.