I recently have answered a bunch of questions at Stockpickr Answers on everything from safe places to put your nest egg to the big fuss over hedge fund redemptions.
Click on any of these queries to see the responses offered by me and others in the Stockpickr community. And if you have any questions at all, sign up at Stockpickr.com and ask away. Members of the Stockpickr community, including Jim Cramer and myself, are answering questions all day long.
- What is the safest spot for retirement money? CDs? Treasuries?
- What do you think will be the effect of Google (GOOG) - Get Alphabet Inc. Class C Report introducing new services in China with a partnership with Tianya? Will it hurt Badiu's (BIDU) - Get Baidu, Inc. Sponsored ADR Class A Report hold?
- Is this portfolio too risky?52% in exchanges, Nymex Holdings (NMX) (40%) and IntercontinentalExchange (ICE) - Get Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (ICE) Report (12%)6% in aerospace, Boeing (BA) - Get Boeing Company Report23% in tech, EMC (EMC) (9.8%) and SanDisk (SNDK) (13.2%)19% in defense, Altria (MO) - Get Altria Group Inc Report
- Why isn't EMC moving up with VMWare (VMW) - Get VMware, Inc. Class A Report?
- Why was everyone talking about Aug. 15 as the big hedge fund redemption date?
At the time of publication, Altucher and/or his fund had no positions in stocks mentioned, although positions may change at any time.
James Altucher is president of Stockpickr LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of TheStreet.com and part of its network of Web properties, and a managing partner at Formula Capital, an alternative asset management firm that runs a fund of hedge funds. He is also a weekly columnist for
The Financial Times
and the author of
Trade Like a Hedge Fund
Trade Like Warren Buffett
. Under no circumstances does the information in this column represent a recommendation to buy or sell stocks. Altucher appreciates your feedback;
to send him an email.
TheStreet.com has a revenue-sharing relationship with Trader's Library under which it receives a portion of the revenue from purchases by customers directed there from TheStreet.com.