Tyson Foods (TSN) has had a rough start to the year, dropping more than 11% year to date, but Jim Cramer and the team at Action Alerts PLUS believe the meatpacker has a bright upside thanks to the poultry environment in China.
There have been recent reports that China’s poultry supplies are at risk because the country doesn't have enough soybean meal to feed the chickens, leaving poultry farms in jeopardy. Investors are nothing if not opportunists.
"So I think it's just completely the right play on the environment,” said Action Alerts PLUS senior researcher Jeff Marks on the club's exclusive monthly members-only call. “There's always going to be pressures from Beyond Meat (BYND) and maybe there's a transition there. But I think America still loves chicken.”
Jim Cramer agreed with Marks' assessment of the chicken industry, calling Tyson a “must buy here. I just think that Tyson is that opportunity that if we could buy it right now.”
For the AAP’s full take on Tyson check out the video above.
Catch up on the Latest Videos on TheStreet!
- General Electric - 'I Feel Great About It,' Cramer Tells Action Alerts PLUS Members
- Jim Cramer on Whether or Not the Mall Is Dead
- How Do You Invest in Oil?
- Will a Strong XFL Debut Justify WWE's Huge Investment?
- XFL Makes Comeback: Sights and Sounds From MetLife Stadium
- Here's How Stock Prices are Determined
- TheStreet Explains: How to Read an Analyst Note
- Retirement Daily: Got Gigs? Get Smart About Your 1099-MISC Tax Form
- Free Webinar: Expert Advice on Equity Trading by CME Group