Doug Kass fills his blog on Real Money Pro every day with his up-to-the-minute reactions to what's happening in the market and his legendary ahead-of-the-crowd ideas. This week, topics that he blogged on included:
- How Amazon's still worth shorting.
- How other stocks in play are doing.
Click here for information about Real Money Pro, where you can see all blogs including Doug's -- and reader comments -- in real time. Here's a sample of this week's offerings:
Amazon Still Worth Shorting
As I mentioned Wednesday, I have recently added to this short.
Something that fell through the cracks -- the other day in the real "House of Cards," President Trump noted in a speech that he was concerned about "online predatory practices" and their impact on malls. Let's stick close to this to see if there is some additional follow through from the POTUS in the weeks ahead. I personally would not be surprised to see a more substantive attack on the company by the administration.
Here are some recent articles I have written on Amazon:
Originally published July 20 at 3:05 p.m. ET
State of Play
Little price movement Thursday over the past few hours.
I haven't executed a trade as I make my way back to my office.
- Hartford Financial Services (HIG) - Get Report new high -- at over $54 -- conspicuous in a weak life sector.
- Bonds much stronger, signaling weak domestic economic growth.
Originally published July 20 at 1:56 p.m. ET
(Editor's note: This item has been corrected to reflect the fact that Trump criticized online predatory "practices" rather than "pricing.")
Don't miss these top stories on TheStreet:
- Hedge Funder Scaramucci Lands Job in White House; Sean Spicer Quits
- 50 Reasons Dying Sears Had to Strike a Deal With the Ruthless Amazon
- Why Tesla Should Terrify Investors
- The 5 FANG Stocks of the Dotcom Era -- and Where They Are Now
- As Snap Continues to Stumble, Should It Consider Selling Itself?
- Don't Sleep on General Electric's Cheap Stock Price
Watch these video features on TheStreet:
- Scaramucci Has Been Waiting For A White House Gig For A While
- What Sexy Company Will IPO Next?
- Forget the Model 3, Elon Musk Wants to Revolutionize How You Travel
- 5 of the Weirdest Things Burger King Has Tried to Sell You
- O.J. Simpson Wasn't the First or the Last Athlete to Kiss a Major Endorsement Goodbye
Action Alerts PLUS, which Jim Cramer manages as a charitable trust, is long Allergan. Position: short AMZN. Position: LONG DDS large AGN small HIG large TWTR large CPB large.