The Dow and S&P 500 closed at record highs Friday but the Nasdaq fell as the Treasury yield climbed higher.
Here are some of the best stocks in the past week by their performance in percentage change at the close of trading on Mar. 12. These include stocks over a $10 share price at the time of publishing.
1. Second Sight Medical | Increased +162.52%
2. GameStop | Increased +92.03%
GameStop (GME) - Get Report shot up from $172 to more than twice that at $348.50, prompting several trading halts this past Wednesday.
3. Koss Corporation | Increased +88.63%
4. Canaan | Increased +73.41%
5. Riot Blockchain | Increased +55.86%
6. FuelCell Energy | Increased +39.16%
7. AMC Entertainment | Increased +38.63%
AMC Entertainment reported a wider quarterly loss but the CEO expressed optimism as the COVID-19 vaccine rolls out.
8. United States Steel | Increased +33.17%
United States Steel provided its first quarter 2021 guidance this past Friday. U.S. Steel expects approximately $540 million.
9. QuantumScape | Increased +31.36%
10. ViacomCBS | Increased +27.88%
ViacomCBS (VIAC) was one of the top stocks the prior week as well and is still riding high after Oprah's interview with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle drew 17 million viewers.
All stock prices are referenced and pulled from Yahoo Finance while rankings were pulled from Barchart.com.