Futures are rising Monday morning as anxiety about the volatility in certain retail stocks has subsided.
GameStop is down over 6% in pre-market trading Monday. AMC is up over 12% in pre-market trading as the entertainment company looks to cash in on the recent rally.
Here are some of the most shorted stocks as of Jan. 29 by their short interest.
1. GameStop | Short Interest 121.07%
2. Dillards | Short Interest 94.93%
Dillards (DDS) is another favorite for the WallStreetBets subreddit and is trending down Monday morning at the open.
3. AMC Entertainment | Short Interest 78.97%
4. Virgin Galactic | Short Interest 71.95%
Virgin Galactic (SPCE) received a downgrade this past month but was one of the top stocks to rise this past week.
5. fuboTV | Short Interest 71.91%
6. Bed Bath & Beyond | Short Interest 65.48%
7. Ligand Pharmaceuticals | Short Interest 64.88%
Ligand Pharmaceuticals (LGND) is the most shorted biotech name in the stock market. The stock is up over 24% in the past week.
8. National Beverage Corp. | Short Interest 62.62%
National Beverage (FIZZ) is up over 78% in 2021 and joined the short squeeze madness that we saw to begin the year.
9. SunPower | Short Interest 57.49%
10. Tanger Factory Outlet | Short Interest 52.41%
Tanger Factory Outlet (SKT) announced that it's bringing back its dividend.
11. GSX Techedu | Short Interest 50.32%
GSX Techedu (GSX) entered oversold territory in early Jan. GSX Techedu received a downgrade by Goldman Sachs this past week.
12. Tootsie Roll | Short Interest 45.91%
Tootsie Roll (TR) was one of the stocks that got caught up in the WallStreetBets leaders.
13. Gogo | Short Interest 43.95%
In Dec., Real Money columnist James DePorre talked about why he is buying shares of Gogo (GOGO) .
14. Accelerated Diagnostics | Short Interest 43.08%
Accelerate Diagnostics (AXDX) received an upgrade from Piper Sandler this past month.
15. Beyond Meat | Short Interest 42.89%
All stock short interests and rankings were pulled from FactSet.