Andrew Wheeler, a top coal industry lobbyist, is likely to be named the number two official at the Environmental Protection Agency, according to Axios.
Wheeler's nomination is said to demonstrate the influence conservatives have over environmental and energy policies. Wheeler has been vocal in challenging the science behind climate change.
Wheeler is currently the principal at the firm Faegre Baker Daniels Consulting and is a top lobbyist for Murray Energy, whose CEO has close ties with President Trump.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Chipotle CEO Should Be Canned for Not Apologizing to Sickened Customers in Virginia, Analyst Says
- O.J. Simpson's 4 Biggest Business Achievements
- Best Buy's Geek Squad Is a Mess According to Customer Reviews, Opening the Door for Amazon's Entry
- Sears' Kenmore Products on Amazon Is Hurting Home Depot, Jim Cramer Explains
- Former Apple Exec: 'It's Sad to See Apple Slipping to the Position of Follower'
- 5 Celebrities That Have Lost Big in Real Estate Like Golden State Warriors Star Steph Curry