"Well, clearly with all the media attention and even investment flows into resource transition, it's hard to say that we're in the first inning. In fact, I don't even think that's the right analogy," says Shawn Reynolds, Portfolio Manager for VanEck’s Global Resource Fund GHAAX and Environmental Sustainability Fund ENVAX, VanEck. "We've ran the first mile of the marathon, maybe we're in second mile, but we still have quite a long way to go."
TheStreet's Investor Playbook: The Resource Transition, hosted by Susan McGinnis, includes an all-star team of portfolio managers and analysts.
- Shawn Reynolds, Portfolio Manager for VanEck’s Global Resource Fund GHAAX and Environmental Sustainability Fund ENVAX, VanEck
- Ammar James, Deputy Portfolio Manager, and Analyst focused on agriculture, paper, and forest, VanEck
- Veronica Zhang, Deputy Portfolio Manager, and Analyst focused on renewable energy, VanEck
- Charl Malan, Senior Analyst, focused on minerals and metals, VanEck
Editor’s note. The webinar was recorded on December 22, 2021.
Video Transcript Below
Veronica Zhang: Setting the stage for where we are in terms of broader renewables, wind, and solar. The adoption has been talked about for well over a decade, but I think we've only really seen any sort of meaningful ramp up in the past couple of years.
Charl Malan: Without a question, we are really at the beginning phases of this transition, and it's the mining industry that's going to move the world towards a greener and more environmentally friendly place.
Ammar James: Agriculture is being overlooked. The global population is on a path to strain the agricultural industry unless conventional farming practices change. Agriculture and land use generate roughly a quarter of the global greenhouse gas emissions.
Shawn Reynolds: There's going to be some ups, some downs, and there's going to be some really hard work that has to be done.
Veronica Zhang: We're getting there, but it really just depends on how fast we want to get there and how to side-step, or get past, some of the bumps along the way.
Panelist Bio's | Investor Playbook: The Resource Transition
Video Highlights | Investor Playbook: The Resource Transition
- 00:07:00 Greenflation Investing Opportunities In 2022
- 00:17:50 What Going Green Means for Companies and Investors
- 00:27:30 3 Key Issues Impacting the Future of Metals and Mining
- 00:35:30 Fossil Fuel, Solar, Wind: Biggest Trends to Watch In the Resource Transition
- 00:39:20 3 Trends Shaping the Future of Farming, Agriculture, and Land Use
- 00:53:45 Why the Next Decade Is Critical for the Recycling Industry
- 00:58:45 Why Batteries Are a Linchpin In the Energy Transition