Since taking the helm as CEO of Wendy's in May 2016, Penegor has led an aggressive push to remodel restaurants and enhance the burger and frosty chain's food quality. More recently, Wendy's has made a foray into mobile ordering as it gets ready to do battle with McDonald's (MCD) - Get McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Report to get people fast-food on the go.
Wendy's global system-wide sales growth weighed in at 3.7% for the nine-months ended Oct. 1, 2017, quicker than the 3% pace a year earlier. Adjusted operating profit margins surged to 33.1% from 26.7% a year ago. Shareholders have been rewarded accordingly under Penegor's watch: a juicy 54% gain.
Penegor tells TheStreet he and his team at Wendy's are far from resting on their laurels. Hot on their plates this year are efforts to take mobile ordering to 2,500 locations (up from 1,400 currently) and expand delivery via a new partnership with DoorDash.
"The real winners [in the restaurant business] will be the ones with high integrity around their food and get it to you in 30 minutes or less at an affordable price," Penegor says.
At least in the eyes of the stock market, Wendy's will be one of those winners.
Check out TheStreet's Other Influencer Interviews
- Federal Reserve's Neel Kashkari: Why the Banks Don't Like Our New Research
- PayPal CEO Says Bitcoin 'Unsuitable' - Here's What He's Really Excited About
- Canada Goose CEO: The Whole Year Has Been Exhilarating
- General Mills CEO: We Are Doing What We Said We Would Do
- CME Group CEO: What Our Bitcoin Futures Trading Launch Really Means
- Why Walmart's CEO Is Excited About His Order of New Tesla Semi Trucks
- Walmart CEO: We Are Changing and Wall Street Is Taking Notice
- Former NY Yankees Slugger Alex Rodriguez Reveals One Homerun Investment Tip
- Kiss Rocker Gene Simmons Has Made Amazing Calls on Stocks -- Here's His Newest
- What Rapper, TV Star Ice-T Learned From Two Powerful Business Moguls