Sometimes fast food isn't fast enough.
At least our intern Breana Noble decided to try it, another intern Buster Coen decided to run down to the nearest McDonald's store.
So, which was faster?
- McDonald's Restaurants in Poland Look Like the Future of the Golden Arches
- McDonald's CEO Thinks He Could Bring Pain to These 5 Rivals That Sell Sandwiches
Let's just say it was close... but how close? You need to watch the video below to find out.
With McDelivery now offered from 3,500 McDonald's Corp. restaurants in the U.S., presumably college kids are rejoicing by chowing down like there's no tomorrow.
McDonald's has found that it's getting an influx of delivery orders around college campuses, at night and in bulk, Lucy Brady, McDonald's senior vice president of corporate strategy and business development, revealed on a second-quarter earnings call on Tuesday, July 25.
"Stores near college locations tend to do much better than others," Brady said. "We are seeing strong demand from our customers. As they become aware of delivery, they're actually trying it, and then they're having a great experience, in many cases better than expected."
In May, the ChicagoTribune first reported that, in Florida, where Micky D's started testing McDelivery in January, the most popular items bought for delivery are the 40-piece Chicken McNuggets for $9.99 and the Big Mac & Chicken McNuggets Meal Bundle, complete with two Big Macs, a 20-piece Chicken McNuggets, three medium fries and three medium beverages for $14.99.
McDelivery is offered through the fast-food giant's partnership with UberEats. One potential downside is that customers must pay the $4.99 UberEats U.S. delivery charge, which Brady said on the call that McDonald's will work to lower.
"As we learn and understand the customer's willingness to pay, we will absolutely make sure we're working together to maximize the value for our customers," Brady said.
Lindsay Rittenhouse, Buster Coen and Brian Sozzi contributed to this story.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Bitcoin Is About to Have the Biggest Moment in Its History: Market Recon
- Here's Your Buy Signal in Amazon! -- It's Happening Right Now
- Apple's Hometown Is Among 10 of the Most Overvalued U.S. Housing Markets
- Micron Is a Boom and Bust Story -- Jim Cramer Reveals How This Happens
- This Explains Why an iPhone 8 Delay Could Actually Be a Good Sign for Apple