The two companies are expected to close the $13.7 billion deal in the second half of 2017.
Foot Locker shares have been slammed in recent days amid a disappointing second quarter. Amazon's recent deal with Nike (NKE) - Get Report hints it wants to be an even bigger player in shoes, and Foot Locker's well-regarded brand across malls would be a good entry point.
Meanwhile, Vitamin Shoppe's stock has also crashed as people shop for deals on supplements online. Similar to Whole Foods, Vitamin Shoppe would give Amazon a trusted name in the space and a solid physical store footprint.
Don't miss these top stories on TheStreet:
- Looks Like Apple Just Killed the iCar
- The Federal Reserve Will Have an Insane $10 Trillion in Assets, Top Expert Warns
- We Might Have Unlocked the Secret Behind Amazon's Big Deal for Whole Foods
- Blue Apron Hiring Freeze Comes After Meal Kit Company Takes Blows From Indexes
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 to Be Unveiled Wednesday - Here's What You Need to Know
- Berkshire Hathaway Stock Reaches All-Time High on S&P's Vote of Confidence