After much criticism over the way it treats its drivers, Uber finally allowed a tipping feature through its app in June. Since then, Uber drivers have received $50 million in tips in just 50 days, Recode reported, citing Uber Regional General Manager of U.S. & Canada Rachel Holt.
That total compares to primary rival Lyft, which recently revealed that its drivers have received $250 million in tips over the last five years.
Uber has been on a mission to clean up its image after a series of missteps this year cost the company 400,000 app deletions.
Don't miss these top stories on TheStreet:
- This Is Where McDonald's Is Closing a Lot of Restaurants
- Amazon, Netflix, Tesla Crash Into Correction Territory -- Now What?
- Apple iPhone 8's 'Crown Jewel' Has Everything to Do With Your Face
- Goldman Sachs Gets Approval to Trade Stocks in This Kingdom
- Starbucks Could Be Poised for a Rebound