President Trump enjoys using Twitter (TWTR) - Get Twitter, Inc. Report as the social media platform allows the leader of the country to rant and rave about his many grievances including the media, Hillary Clinton, the election, and his political adversaries.
Some have called the president a cyber-bully and there have even been calls for Twitter to ban the him due to some of the things he's tweeted out. However, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey believes it is a good thing to have Trump on Twitter.
Twitter has set rules when it comes to bullying and harassing tweets and says all Twitter users, regardless of their position, are subject to them.
"The rules are the rules, we enforce them the same way for everybody," Twitter VP of Trust and Safety Del Harvey told journalists this week at the company's headquarters, Recode reports. The journalists were invited to discuss the company's progress on stopping abuse.
"We apply our policies consistently. We have processes in place to deal with whomever the person may be, we try to be as consistent as possible, as scalable as possible, and there's always all sorts of context and other things that come into play that make it impossible to comment on hypotheticals as is," Harvey added.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Carly Fiorina's Advice to Young Women: Don't Let Other People Define You
- From Catalogs to Catastrophe: A Sears Timeline
- Chipotle May Not Recover Until 2019 After Latest Health Scare
- T-Mobile's John Legere Is Inarguably One of the More Colorful CEOs on Twitter
- Shark Tank Star Kevin O'Leary Just Revealed This One Way Entrepreneurs Are Getting Savvier