President Donald Trump took to Twitter (TWTR) - Get Report Wednesday to once again fire off at retail and tech giant Amazon.com (AMZN) - Get Report , this time criticizing the company for taking jobs and causing "great damage" to tax paying retailers across the country.
Trump has been quick to lambaste Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos for both his work at the retailer and his ownership of the Washington Post, or the "Amazon Washington Post," as Trump refers to it. The beef between the two goes back to before Trump was elected.
His attacks have often centered on inaccurate accusations over Amazon's tax practices. Amazon pays taxes and since March has been collecting sales taxes on purchases in all 50 states.
Trump's tirade against Amazon, Bezos and the Washington Post ticked up this summer, when Trump tweeted about the three seven times in six weeks.
It's worth noting that Trump wasn't always so critical of Amazon. He directed his followers to the ecommerce site to purchase his book, "Time to Get Tough," four times in late 2011.
Amazon stock traded down 0.46% to $978.18 Wednesday.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- What Could President Trump Actually Do to Amazon and Jeff Bezos?
- Lufthansa and Ryanair Likely Winners from Air Berlin Collapse
- Home Depot Will Continue to Benefit From Favorable Housing Market
- Outlook for Nvidia, Micron and Applied Materials: Cramer's 'Off the Charts'
- Amazon Is a 'Dark Star,' Says Retired Home Depot CEO Frank Blake