So, too, will retailers and service providers carrying the new phones, such as Best Buy Co. Inc. (BBY) - Get Report , Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN) - Get Report , AT&T Inc. (T) - Get Report and Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) - Get Report , see sweet rewards.
- Here's the One Big Downside to Apple's iPhone Launch; Sorry, Starbucks
- These Are the 27 Companies You Must Watch Ahead of Apple's Big Launch Event
"Anytime you have a new iPhone, typically with a high-profile launch, it drives store traffic, sales and overall interest in the consumer electronics space," Loop Capital Markets analyst Anthony Chukumba said in an interview with TheStreet on Tuesday.
Speaking about Best Buy specifically, Chukumba said should customers go to a store to buy the iPhone X, rumored to cost $1,100, or any other model, they likely will spring for additional impulse purchases. Perhaps, a case to protect the expensive phone.
"I haven't seen this much excitement around a new iPhone since the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus," Chukumba added.
Apple released the 6 and 6 Plus models in September of 2014. It was the first time the tech titan launched two different sizes, the 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch screens.
For the fourth quarter of 2014, when people bought the 6 and 6 Plus for holiday gifts, Best Buy reported a 1.3% rise in revenue and a 2% same-store sales increase, compared to a 1.3% decline in 2013. The electronics retailer touted strong mobile phone sales as a "primary driver" of revenue growth that year.
Late Tuesday morning, Best Buy stock rallied 1.52%, Amazon stock was up 0.37%, AT&T stock popped 1.02% and Verizon stock climbed 0.84%.
Here is what we know about the new iPhone.
Read More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Celebrity Homes Smack Dab In Hurricane Irma's Path
- Cable Channels Unite to Bring Non-Sports Streaming Service to Viewers
- Hurricane Irma Could Total $40 Billion in Insurance Claims: Why That's Good News
- AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson: Expect Time Warner Deal to Close by End of Year
- Former NBA Player Charles Oakley Files Lawsuit Against James Dolan, MSG