The Open Championship, often referred to as the British Open, is the oldest of the four major championships in professional golf, and is set to tee off next week at Royal Birkdale Golf Club in Southport, England.
The 2017 event, played from July 20 to July 23, will be the 10th Open Championship played at the Royal Birkdale.
With the start of the tournament just a week away, we compiled a list of the PGA Tour's highest earners thus far this year.
5. Jon Rahm
Fifth on the list of this year's top earners is the fifth-ranked player on tour John Rahm. Rahm has competed in 16 events winning over $4.4 million.
4. Jordan Spieth
Fourth on the list is the third-ranked player in the world Jordan Spieth. He represents Under Armour (UA) - Get Report and has taken home over $4.9 million this year after having competed in 16 events.
3. Justin Thomas
The 13th ranked player on tour, Justin Thomas, comes in third with a total of over $5.1 million in winnings after competing in 18 events this year.
2. Hideki Matsuyama
Coming in second is the second-ranked player in the world, Hideki Matsuyama, who after competing in 15 events this year has totaled over $5.9 million in winnings.
1. Dustin Johnson
The highest earner so far is world number one Dustin Johnson, who has competed in a total of 12 events earning him over $6.3 million.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Carly Fiorina's Advice to Young Women: Don't Let Other People Define You
- 10 Reasons Working From Home Might Be the Wave of the Future
- T-Mobile's John Legere Is Inarguably One of the More Colorful CEOs on Twitter
- Restaurant Brands 36-Year Old CEO Discusses the Burger King Whopper, Amazon's Jeff Bezos
- Amazon Faces a Potential Existential Threat That Could Hammer Its Shares, Doug Kass Reveals
- Game of Thrones Has Become Huge -- Here's How You Can Quickly Tell