AI looks pretty scary.
As artificial intelligence is increasingly considered the wave of the future, some leading business executives are starting to worry that the technology won't stop at regulating your thermostat or telling you how to get to work. Will the next round of advances mean Siri can do your job? Business heads ranging from Tesla's (TSLA) - Get Report Elon Musk to Alibaba's (BABA) - Get Report Jack Ma certainly think so. Facebook's (FB) - Get Report Mark Zuckerberg, not so much.
Meanwhile, billionaire and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban seems freaked out about AI.
"However much change you saw over the past ten years with the Apple (AAPL) - Get Report iPhone, that's nothing," Cuban said at a recent conference. Cuban also claims that Montreal and China are "kicking our ass" with artificial intelligence.
- 3 Things Tesla Doesn't Want to Admit
Cuban also expressed concern about technology usurping the current standard of everyday business practices, leaving many unemployed.
"There's going to be a lot of unemployed people replaced with technology and if we don't start dealing with that now, we're going to have some real problems," said Cuban.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Amazon and General Electric Are Friday's Smoking Hot Tickers: AMZN, TSLA, SBUX, GE, AAPL
- Starbucks Shares Are Crashing; Go Out and Buy!
- Amazon's Stock Falls on Big Second-Quarter Earnings Miss: What Wall Street's Saying
- Tesla's Model 3 Arrives on Friday -- Here's Everything You Need to Know About This Over-Hyped Ride