Tesla (TSLA) - Get Tesla Inc Report CEO Elon Musk took to his Twitter (TWTR) - Get Twitter, Inc. Report account Thursday morning to announce his company has received verbal government approval to build an underground Hyeperloop.
A Hyperloop is a super-speed rail line placed either above or below ground and could ultimately help transport goods and people nearly as fast as 700 miles an hour.
The Tesla CEO went on to explain what a potential platform for these high-speed rail lines could look like.
Tesla shares were up 0.6% to $327.34 early Thursday afternoon.
Get all the latest Tesla news on TheStreet:
- Tesla Faces 3 Big Problems That Should Terrify Any Investor
- Here Is What Activist Funds Are Saying About Tesla's Board Shake Up
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk: If You Believe in Us, 'Place Bets Accordingly'
- Watch: Tesla CEO Elon Musk Is a Modern Day Michaelangelo, Shark Tank Star Kevin O'Leary Says
- Watch: Tesla Isn't Expensive if It's a Technology Company, Jim Cramer Says