One of the tech giant's autonomous Lexus RX450h SUVs were spotted by MacRumors on California's 101 North (see video below). The vehicle, equipped with multiple sensors and cameras, exited towards University Avenue in Palo Alto.
In mid-April, Apple received an official test permit for autonomous cars from the California Department of Motor Vehicles. The current permit allows Apple to test self-driving technology in three 2015 Lexus RX 450h luxury hybrid sport utility vehicles. They have been spotted cruising around town in the San Francisco Bay Area up until now.
Click here for the latest business headlines.
Trending stories on TheStreet:
- U.S. Grocer Kroger Has Gone Berzerk Because It's About to Be Invaded by a Ruthless German Rival
- Best Buy Hates That It Is Too Complicated to Buy an $800 Apple iPhone in Its Stores
- Verizon and AT&T Show Silver Linings Despite Recent Underperformance
- Jim Cramer on Amazon, Alphabet, Apple, Nvidia, AutoZone, Buffalo Wild Wings, Micron and Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Amazon and Walmart Have Joined Forces to Destroy One of Dying Sears' Most Important Businesses
- Tesla Should Applaud This Extreme 1,100 Horsepower Hybrid Mercedes Coming Very Soon
Editor's Pick: Originally published May 22.