Shares of Snap Inc. (SNAP) - Get Snap, Inc. Class A Report were lower by 1.4% to $13.88 early Tuesday afternoon, after Cleveland Research reduced its rating on the Snapchat parent to "neutral" from "buy."
The firm is bearish on Snap's ability to monetize and sees increasing pressure from Facebook's (FB) - Get Meta Platforms Inc. Class A Report Instagram, which is still outpacing Snap. Cleveland Research sees Instagram ad-tech advantage becoming a greater and more material concern for Snap.
Earlier this year Facebook basically copied Snapchat's video stories feature, which allows users to capture moments and upload them temporarily on the platform. This feature has become extremely popular on Instagram and resulted in more daily users than Snapchat, CNBC noted.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Advanced Micro Devices Could Explode Another 17% Within Hours: Chart
- GM May Slash Six Car Models to Combat Slumping Sales, Avoid Plant Layoffs
- Biotech Movers: Novavax Falls Again After New Data on RSV Vaccine Fails to Excite
- Starbucks Has an Alarming Problem That Even Its Fans Must Admit Has to Be Fixed -- and Soon!
- Amazon Tumbling Almost 40% Is Not as Crazy as It Sounds