A second person has tested positive for norovirus after eating at a Virginia Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) - Get Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. Report which was temporarily closed after an outbreak of the illness occurred there last week, the AP reports.
Two people have now tested positive for norovirus, David Goodfriend, director of Virginia's Loudoun County Health Department said. Goodfriend previously said a second confirmed case would give a clearer indication that norovirus was behind the reported illnesses.
Chipotle reopened the restaurant last Wednesday after a "complete sanitization."
Shares of Chipotle were lower during afternoon trading on Monday.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Sears' Kenmore Products on Amazon Is Hurting Home Depot, Jim Cramer Explains
- Consuelo Mack: There Are Many More Women Getting Into Financial Journalism
- Chipotle May Not Recover Until 2019 After Latest Health Scare
- 5 Celebrities That Have Lost Big in Real Estate
- O.J. Simpson Wasn't the First or the Last Athlete to Kiss a Major Endorsement Goodbye