Qualcomm (QCOM) - Get Report, a multinational semiconductor firm, has provided an update on its claims against Apple (AAPL) - Get Report suppliers by filing a preliminary injunction motion in San Diego federal court as part of a breach of contract lawsuit against Apple's contract manufacturers.
Qualcomm asked a federal judge to order four firms that build Apple's iPhones and iPads to resume paying cellular patent royalties while the two tech giants are engaged in a legal war over the value of intellectual property.
The San Diego-based chipmaker contends that it is unfair that it isn't getting paid for the use of its patents during the dispute, while iPhones and iPads continue to incorporate its cellular intellectual property at no charge.
"Qualcomm respectfully requests that the Court enjoin Defendants from violating the terms and conditions of their license agreements during the pendency of this litigation, " said Donald Rosenberg, Qualcomm's general counsel.
Shares of Qualcomm were higher during mid-morning trading on Thursday.
(Apple is a core holding of Jim Cramer's charitable trust Action Alerts PLUS. See all of his holding with a free trialhere.)
Read More Trending Articles:
- Bullish Puma Investor Talks Neratinb FDA Panel Win, Next Steps and Takeout Potential
- Biotech Movers: Positive Phase Three Results For Roclatan Send Aerie Shares Soaring
- Best Buy's Stock Is Blowing Up After Massive Earnings Beat - What You Quickly Need to Know
- Staples Rejects Takeover Bid From Cerberus Capital
- Step Away From the Ledge: Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap (Wednesday 5/24/17)