Did you miss "Mad Money" on CNBC? If so, here are some of Jim Cramer's top takeaways.
In an "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer checked in with Michael McGarry, chairman and CEO of PPG Industries (PPG) - Get Report , which just reported a penny-a-share earnings beat with an 8% rise in revenues. Shares of PPG were up 23% in 2016 but have been essentially flat this year.
McGarry said that technology is driving their business forward and PPG has new products for industrial, packaging and aerospace coatings. PPG is also a global growth story, with only 43% of sales stemming from the U.S., while the remaining 57% come from 140 countries around the world.
Many people think of PPG simply as a paint maker, but his company also has exposure to electric and autonomous vehicles. The company has coatings to help protect batteries and is also developing new materials to help cars be seen better by the radar and lidar systems used by autonomous systems. PPG even has coatings to help hide the many technologies used by self-driving vehicles.
Cramer and the AAP team are taking a closer look at news of trade negotiations, and are adding to their portfolio position in Constellation Brands (STZ) - Get Report . Find out what they're telling their investment club members and get in on the conversation with a free trial subscription to Action Alerts PLUS.
Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
To read a full recap of this episode of "Mad Money," click here.
To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Apple Just Handed Employees the Biggest Tax Bill-Related Bonus So Far
- Shake Shack CEO: Listen Up Wall Street, We Have a Sizzling Future
- Nvidia Is Revolutionizing Cars in Unusual Ways
- Millennials Are Saving Early for Retirement, Thanks to the Great Recession
At the time of publication, Cramer's Action Alerts PLUS had a position in STZ.