The deal also allows customers the option of paying with Chase Ultimate Rewards points at any of PayPal's millions of online merchants when their Chase Pay accounts are linked through PayPal. JPMorgan will now process PayPal payments on ChaseNet, Chase's closed-loop payment network.
PayPal stock was up over 1% in late morning trading. JPMorgan stock traded slightly down.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- IBM CEO Ginni Rometty Rules Struggling Tech Giant, Aided by Entrenched Board Members
- You Won't Want to Miss These Moments at Comic-Con 2017
- 5 Celebrities That Have Lost Big in Real Estate Like Golden State Warriors Star Steph Curry
- 10 Sad Back-to-School Shopping Stores You Won't Be Visiting This Year
- Best Buy's Geek Squad Is a Mess According to Customer Reviews, Opening the Door for Amazon's Entry
- From Catalogs to Catastrophe: A Sears Timeline