Nvidia co-founder and CEO Jenson Huang was just named Fortune's Businessperson of the Year for 2017, TheStreet's Jim Cramer said on CNBC's "Mad Dash" segment. This man has done so great leading his company, he added.
Huang has served as Nvidia's CEO since 1993. He has been terrific in predicting all of the big new trends in tech. Before investors knew what artificial intelligence and machine learning could do, Huang was on it, Cramer pointed out.
But that's not the only industry in which he has correctly positioned Nvidia.
The company is a major player in self-driving cars and data centers, too. It remains a go-to in the graphic-chip space and continues to do a great job with gaming. Incidentally, cryptocurrency mining needs graphic chips, too, so in a way, Nvidia is helping to fuel this trend as well.
- Square Running Bitcoin Pilot Could Be 'Something Big'
- Nvidia's Got Even More Game Than Expected, Says Analyst in Upgrade
- Nvidia Stock Could Still Make a Quick Run to $250
"He's one of the great ones," Cramer said, and it shows in the stock price. Nvidia stock is up 100% so far in 2017 and up an eye-popping 617% over the past 24 months. The proof is in the pudding and Huang is way ahead of the curve right now.
"I love him, he's fabulous," Cramer concluded.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Is Whole Foods Embarrassing Amazon's Deal Team?
- How to Shop Near-Record Deals on New Cars This Black Friday
- Understanding Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold
- What General Electric Shareholders Should Do Now
At the time of publication, Cramer's Action Alerts PLUS had a position in NVDA.