Comcast Corp-owned (CMCSA) - Get Comcast Corporation Class A Report NBC News launched its "Stay Tuned" news program on Snap Inc (SNAP) - Get Snap, Inc. Class A Report Snapchat Discover just one month ago, and the program has already amassed 29 million unique viewers, Axios reported.
More than 60% of the viewers are under 25 years old and more than 40% of those who have watched once watch at least three days each week.
The show snagged 1 million subscribers in just two and a half weeks after launching to become one of the fastest growing Snapchat Discover shows ever. Time Warner-owned (TWX) CNN's Snapchat program hosts a global monthly audience of 12 million.
The "Stay Tuned" news program consists of two shows daily, released at 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., and lasting between two and three minutes.
Comcast stock traded up 0.5% and Snap shares were up almost 4% Friday morning.
Want to know who the largest Snap shareholders are?
Don't miss these top stories on TheStreet:
- Amazon Is Absolutely 'Doing Great Damage.' Duh, Mr. President, That's Business
- Infosys CEO Sikka Resigns Suddenly, Cites 'Drumbeat of Distractions'
- Tesla's Many Would-Be Rivals Are Chasing a Speeding Target
- Cocoa Prices Are Plunging. Here's What It Means to Hershey
- These 10 Office Catch-Phrases Will Drive Your Coworkers Absolutely Insane