Following Microsoft's (MSFT) - Get Report announcement that is was examining whether to remove its iconic "Paint" feature from Windows 10, the tech giant has responded to an outpouring of support to save the nearly 32-year-old application.
"MS Paint is here to stay, it will just have a new home soon, in the Windows Store where it will be available for free," Megan Saunders, Microsoft's general manager of the 3D for Everyone initiative, said.
Microsoft recently published a blog post in which it listed several features which will either be "Removed" or "Deprecated," meaning not active and may be deleted in the future, from its upcoming Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
But, fans of Paint would not let it die without a fight.
"We've seen an incredible outpouring of support and nostalgia around MS Paint. If there's anything we learned, it's that after 32 years, MS Paint has a lot of fans. It's been amazing to see so much love for our trusty old app," Saunders said.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Trump Just Resurrected the Ugly Practice Known as Civil Forfeiture for No Reason
- Birchbox Revolutionized How We Buy Beauty Products
- Falling Rats and Norovirus Sends Chipotle's Brand Image Plummeting: New Study
- 3 Things Tesla Doesn't Want to Admit
- It Is Time to Stop Blindly Trusting in the Apple iPhone - It Could Also Be Viciously Hacked