Mercedes will unveil its Project One hybrid hypercar at the Frankfurt Motor Show this week. It will have a turbocharged 1.6 litre V6 engine. The combustion portion of the vehicle will pump out 748 horsepower, while the car's four electric motors will assist with an additional 408 horsepower. Power will go to all four wheels, with the front axle being driven by electric motors.
The luxury car maker stopped compiling a list of potential U.S. Project One buyers on March 17, according to Road & Track. Only about 275 will be built.
The Project One could cost close to $2.4 million when first deliveries begin in mid-2018.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Hurricane Irma Will Be One of the 5 Most Expensive Storms Ever, JPMorgan Says
- Hurricane Irma Disaster Sends Looters Descending on a Florida Foot Locker: Watch
- Amazon Has This Logical Acquisition Sitting Right in Front of Its Face
- Apple iPhone X Likely to Ship in October, JPMorgan Says
- Micron Is the Next $50 Billion Company - This Analyst Reveals How It Will Happen