Media stocks were floating in a sea of red at midday Tuesday despite President Barack Obama's inauguration.
- New York Times (NYT) - Get Report was down 3.7% to $6.17.
- Disney (DIS) - Get Report was down 2.8% to $20.85.
- Time Warner (TWX) was down3.6% to $9.26.
- A.H. Belo Corp. (AHC) - Get Report was down 9.9% to $2.19.
- Gannett (GCI) - Get Report was down 5.7% to $7.16.
- News Corp. (NWSA) - Get Report closed down 5.5% to $7.58
- Viacom( VIA-B) closed down 5.3% to $15.40.
- McClatchy (MNI) - Get Report was down 1.2% to 80 cents.
- Washington Post (WPO) was up 3.5% to $422.58.
This article was written by a staff member of TheStreet.com.