Another big win and payday for 23-year old Jordan Spieth.
Spieth battled tough conditions, his swing and a surging Matt Kuchar on Sunday at Royal Birkdale Golf Club to win The Open Championship. The win marks Spieth's third major championship, putting him in one elite class. Spieth now joins the "Golden Bear" Jack Nicklaus as among the only golfers to win three parts of the grand slam before turning 24 years old.
Tiger Woods didn't win his third major championship until he was 24 years and six months old, points out Golf.com.
Spieth nets $1.8 million for the win, bringing his career winnings on tour to $33 million. Not too shabby for a 23-year old.
Under Armour shares have crashed 53% over the past year as the company has battled slowing athletic apparel sales, retail store closures and increased competition in sneakers from Nike (NKE) - Get NIKE, Inc. Class B Report and Adidas (ADDYY) . Wall Street has also soured on the stock amid off-the-cuff comments by founder Kevin Plank and a recent management shakeup.
Spieth signed a new 10-year deal with Under Armour in 2015.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Jim Cramer Reveals One of the Most Important Investing Tips Ever
- Sears Continues on Path to Close All Its Stores -- Here Are 50 Reasons the Company Is Dying
- Bored With Cream and Sugar? You Can Now Add Weed to Your Morning Joe
- Honda Finally Makes a Cool-Looking Accord Sedan Because Everyone in America Is Buying SUVs
- 10 Sad Back-to-School Shopping Stores You Won't Be Visiting This Year
- Toyota Leads the List of 10 Cars You Could Own Forever