While stocks continue to hit new high after new high, investors will be watching stocks like Walt Disney Co (DIS) - Get Walt Disney Company Report or Cimarex Energy Co (XEC) - Get Cimarex Energy Co. Report , which report earnings on Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively.
"I'm very concerned about Disney," TheStreet's founder Jim Cramer, who also manages the Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust portfolio, said Monday from the floor of the New York Stock Exchange.
Cramer's concern isn't necessarily Disney-specific -- it's in a much better position than Viacom, Inc. (VIA) - Get Viacom Inc. Class A Report (VIAB) - Get Viacom Inc. Class B Report , DiscoveryCommunications Inc. (DISCA) - Get Discovery, Inc. Class A Report or Scripps Network Interactive, Inc. (SNI) . He reasoned that it just feels like there's a conspiracy between cable companies and Millennials. Unless it's being produced by Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) - Get Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Report , there seems to be a struggle, he added.
- TheStreet's recent pieces by Buster Coen are must-read regarding movie theaters and recent media-monster-mergers.
As for Cimarex, Cramer said he "expects nothing" from the oil stocks. The Permian stocks aren't trading well and the energy sector is struggling as crude oil prices fail to eclipse the $50 per barrel mark.
"We're not telling people to buy these," he said of the oil stocks. While the Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust portfolio, has several oil-stock positions, Cramer said the club is not recommending investors take new positions in the sector. There are certain reasons to like specific stocks, but investors will need to sign up to find out Cramer's reasoning.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Jim Cramer Reveals 10 Stocks That Have Been Hammered Basically for No Good Reason
- Here's What Apple's Secret 'Large Project' It's Investing Heavily In Might Be
- Billionaire Warren Buffett Almost Has $100 Billion in Cash to Spend on Buying These 8 Companies
- Tesla Will Issue $1.5 Billion in Debt So It Has a Shot in the Dark of Delivering Tons of Model 3s
At the time of publication, Cramer's Action Alerts PLUS had a position in XEC.