Newell also raised its dividend a whopping 21% and increased its full-year earnings outlook, TheStreet's Jim Cramer said on CNBC's "Mad Dash" segment.
Cramer manages the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, in which Newell Brands is a holding.
CEO Michael Polk delivered, he said, explaining that this stock has struggled because Newell had run into problems with its distribution channels. Like many others, Amazon's (AMZN) - Get Amazon.com, Inc. Report ever-increasing presence had begun to hurt Newell.
Since Polk had figured out the company's channel problems and delivered, the stock is off to the races. It had been a bit of a bumpy road after Newell acquired Jarden, but management has scrapped the businesses it didn't like and kept the ones that are doing well, Cramer said.
Now, Newell suddenly has growth in a consumer packaged-goods sector that has very little growth. Newell is beating its peers, Cramer said. The company is "on fire."
Watch more of Jim Cramer's latest videos:
- Jim Cramer: Coach Is Paying a Lot for Kate Spade
- Jim Cramer on Charter's Partnership With Comcast: Sprint and T-Mobile Can't Merge
- Jim Cramer on Sinclair's Purchase of Tribune: Local TV Is Still Worth a Great Deal
- Jim Cramer Breaks Down Warren Buffett's Annual Meeting: IBM, Apple, Burlington Northern
- Jim Cramer Is Watching Disney's Earnings on Tuesday
At the time of publication, Cramer's Action Alerts PLUS had a position in NWL.