The four centers will bring IBM's global cloud data center footprint to nearly 60 facilities across 19 countries.
Today's openings will bolster the already existing cloud footprint in their regions.
IBM added that it is investing to "expand its cloud footprint so clients around the world can take advantage of a cloud that is tuned for cognitive and big data workloads while offering flexibility to store data however and wherever they choose."
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Carly Fiorina's Advice to Young Women: Don't Let Other People Define You
- 10 Reasons Working From Home Might Be the Wave of the Future
- T-Mobile's John Legere Is Inarguably One of the More Colorful CEOs on Twitter
- Restaurant Brands 36-Year Old CEO Discusses the Burger King Whopper, Amazon's Jeff Bezos
- Amazon Faces a Potential Existential Threat That Could Hammer Its Shares, Doug Kass Reveals
- Game of Thrones Has Become Huge -- Here's How You Can Quickly Tell