Hulu hired Alphabet's (GOOGL) - Get Report longtime Google marketing executive Kelly Campbell as its new chief marketing officer as the streaming service works to capitalize on momentum from original series and thrive in a competitive paid TV market, Variety reported.
Campbell will start as CMO later this summer. She's replacing former CMO Jenny Wall, who left Hulu in May. Hulu CEO Mike Hopkins said Campbell's "deep background in performance marketing" will make her "invaluable" as Hulu enters its "next chapter."
Campbell will develop "vision and voice" for Hulu two months after the company ventured into live-TV subscription offerings with a $40 per month service. The company is also working to retain subscribers after the success of its original series "The Handmaid's Tale" earlier this year.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Trump Just Resurrected the Ugly Practice Known as Civil Forfeiture for No Reason
- Birchbox Revolutionized How We Buy Beauty Products
- Falling Rats and Norovirus Sends Chipotle's Brand Image Plummeting: New Study
- 3 Things Tesla Doesn't Want to Admit
- It Is Time to Stop Blindly Trusting in the Apple iPhone - It Could Also Be Viciously Hacked